Oil Change Philadelphia, PA
It’s no secret that motor oil is one of the most important components needed to keep your car engine running smoothly. It keeps all the components in your engine lubricated and well-protected, so it can last for a long time. However, you also need to change it regularly or else it will build up and cause damage. Let’s go over why oil changes are necessary and how often you ought to change it.
At Schafer’s Auto Center, we take great care in servicing your car for any needs. The oil change is no different. We only use OE-recommended oil and OE-recommended oil filters. The first thing we do is a full complimentary car care checklist. Here is the list of free checks we do to your car to make sure it is safe and running well:
- Test drive for driveability concerns
- Alignment and tire check with print out
- Wipers, lights, horn, mirrors, and check for tire rotation
- Inspection stickers (see if they are expired)
- Heater and air conditioning
- Battery test
- Air filter, belts, hoses
- Brake fluid, coolant fluid
- Brakes (look though tires)
- Tires (tread, pressures, dry rot and nails)
- Suspension front and rear
- Vehicle’s factory recommended maintenance
- Any other issues
Call Now 215-755-1270 to Schedule an Appointment!
Benefits of an oil change:
- Keeps your engine clean.
- Prevents deposits from building up in the oil passages and oil pan, which could cause leaks or other damage.
- Helps maintain proper oil pressure for easy starting and quiet operation.
- Reduces friction between moving parts to reduce wear.
- Extends the life of critical rubber hoses and gaskets inside your vehicle’s engine compartment by protecting them against dry rot, cracking, heat fatigue, etc.
- Protects other engine parts from corrosion.
- Prevents rusting of metal components in the oil pan such as oil pickup tubes that can restrict oil flow to critical engine parts leading to breakdowns.
- Helps reduce sludge buildup on valves by keeping them clean with a fresh supply of lubricating oil.
- Better gas mileage.
- Overall better engine performance.
Frequently asked questions about oil change
How often should I do an oil change?
Oil change intervals of 3,000 miles were once standard, but with modern lubricants, most engines now require oil change intervals of 5,000 to 7,500 miles. Furthermore, if your vehicle’s engine demands full-synthetic motor oil, it might go up to 15,000 miles between oil changes.
What happens if you don’t change your oil?
Oil is the lifeblood of your car, so it’s important to maintain its health by changing out old oil with fresh oil at regular intervals. When an engine’s oil isn’t changed for a long period, it starts to gel or harden, finally turning into sludge. When this occurs, oil will be unable to reach all parts of the engine, resulting in oil starvation in the crankshafts, bearings, camshafts, and other valve train components.
How often should you change your oil if you don’t drive much?
It’s best to get your oil changed twice a year, even if you don’t drive very often and don’t hit the suggested mileage frequency. Your oil can be good, but moisture in your engine is the true threat.
Is synthetic oil better?
Yes, synthetic oil is superior to regular oil in terms of engine protection. Synthetics use higher-quality base oils than traditional oils, which are less refined, resulting in conventional oils: Chemically, it is less stable. It’s easier to oxidize and acidify.
How often do you change the oil filter?
The oil filter should be changed along with the oil since it prevents debris from entering into your system and causing damage to other parts of your car. It’s best to ask a mechanic about how frequently this should take place, as every car model varies in its requirements for maintenance.
Signs that you need an oil change
- Your engine is emitting sounds it has never made before.
- Something inside your car’s cabin smells like it’s burning.
- The oil’s consistency has altered.
- The oil level is getting low.
- One of the dashboard lights has turned on.
- Your car has reached the required mileage for an oil change.
Schafer’s Auto Center is an expert in oil change in Philadelphia. We drain, remove and install a new oil filter to fill oil to the correct level with the correct oil. We also check and fill all the fluids, except brake fluid – which has a level sensor in it to notify you that the brakes are getting low. Then we wash the car and return it to the customer.
Drop your car off, and we’ll give you a FREE UBER ride to your home or office